About Compris Intelligence GmbH
The essence of all our fields of activity and expertise can be summarized by the French word "compris" which means "understood": We are engaged in text understanding technologies: The understanding of the textual content, the automatic comprehension of text meaning by a computer. A well known application are translation programs. However, we focus on innovative solutions in other fields in which we prove to the world that high quality applications are possible today:
Products / services
- Text watermarking (TextMark)
- Software which inserts a digital watermark into any texts for copyright protection.
- Search engine for plagiarized texts (Placens)
- Search engine that identifies plagiarized text documents on the Internet.
- Shop system for digital content (Reputas)
- Online shop system for any digital content – downloadable texts and software.
- Question answering system (FactMind)
- Automatic answering of any question on any text at any time by finding the relevant passage in collections of answer texts.
- Information extraction (FactMiner)
- Automatic extraction of addresses, product descriptions, contact persons or any other information conveyed in texts or on web sites.
- Language components
- The reusable modules of our software which can be integrated into your applications: Encyclopaedias, automatic word inflection, semantic nets/fields, ambiguity resolution.
- Web spidering
- Systematic search of the Internet by arbitrary criteria followed by the download and/or selective extraction of the retrieved information.
- Competitor analysis and surveillance (FirmWatch)
- Competition analysis and surveillance (FirmWatch): Systematic identification, analysis and monitoring of competitors and customer through their web sites with automatic notification upon the appearance of a new competitor, changes in the price or new features of products of the competitors.
- Internet development
- Development/adaptation of user-specific applications based on the Internet. E.g. we can transfer paper-based fill-in forms into digital form published in intranets or in the internet and offer intelligent automatic processing of user-entered data.
- Data compression (Densifier)
- Several programs optimized on the compression of specific data formats in terms of more compact and/or faster compression.
- Data hiding (TextHide / SubiText)
- Software to hide any data in unsuspicious text in order to store or communicate secrets (textual steganography).
- Data encryption
- Encryption of any data with one common key (block ciphering) or with public and private keys (public key cryptography) to avoid the exchange of secret keys.
Desired/obtained unique selling propositions
- Most secure and most inconspicuous method for transmitting information (TextHide): The best known encryption methods are used and additionally the encrypted information hidden, so that they can't be recognized as such.
- Only method for inserting a digital watermark in texts (TextMark).
- The method for digital marking of information that's most difficult to remove: For removing an attacker would need to also model the complete language correctly in a computer. (TextMark)
- Only search engine for plagiarized texts on the Internet. (Placens)
- Only scientifically well-founded procedure for proving copyright infringements on texts; thus the only procedure which meets with legal requirements (Placens, TextMark)
- Digital Shop system with the presumably best protection of the data from abuse by users / web pirates (Reputas)
- Through the possibility to buy only individually new materials, we guarantee: High price advantages and litlle reading effort for the customer, maximal customer ties to publishers (Reputas).
- Most comprehensive solution for digital book selling and digital copyright protection: Shop system, plagiaristic search engine, digital watermark, automatic question answering. (Reputas, Placens, TextMark, FactMind)
- Presumably the most intelligent search engine & knowledge management system for information deposited in texts / web pages (FactMind), since no stop word-elimination takes place, but the meaning of these stop words - e.g. prepositions - is being considered. This allows the up to now largest possible automation in the area of knowledge management and question answering. (FactMind)
- One of the most flexible systems for information extraction and information acquisition: Processing is done on the level of content / the meaning of texts. Consequently differences in wording or formatting of texts can easily be abstracted. Rules for information extraction are more generally valid and will have to be adapted rarely even when the data from which information is to be extracted changes. (FactMiner)
- Most comprehensive information system for patents and new developments. (InnoMagic)
- Presumably the only system for comprehensive automatic competitor- and market-observation (FirmWatch)
- Best price performance ratio in the area of the competitor- and market-observation (FirmWatch)
Information & Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org